| | | |

Monday, 15 June 2015

My Week In Words | #24 2015

"Recreational shopping is the shortest distance between two points: you and broke."
Victoria Moran

Welcome to this instalment of My Week In Words. Another late one, I apologise. Monday kind of suits me better for posting these right now. On Sundays I seem to just be tired, well.. more tired than I am the rest of the week at least. Anyway! This post covers from Sunday 7th to Saturday 13th of June. Enjoy!

I woke up to a fry up on Sunday as usual. For some reason I was shattered all day. I didn't end up writing My Week In Words and just relaxed. My aunt Karen visited as usual and after that I ended up working on a post to mark Edwin's Gotcha Day and to make up for the lack of My Week In Words. After I finished the post I chilled online and then fed Violet and Duro before bed. Right now I'm trying a variety of different foods to see what their favourites are but also so they don't become picky and stuck on one thing. On Sunday they tried snail mix we bought from the same seller I got the them from and some cucumber. It went down a treat.

Eva was off sick on Monday so we had breakfast together and watched RuPaul's Drag Race. We're still watching season two. I'm not looking forward to finishing it as we'll have none left to watch until season eight. Since I didn't post My Week In Words on Sunday I posted it on Monday instead. I worked on it slowly throughout the day. You can check it out here. In the morning my lovely choker arrived so I decided to have some fun with make up and take some photos for my Miscellaneous Tuesday post. It was a lot of fun making myself pretty and feeling my oats. I was especially proud of how well putting fake eyelashes on for the first time went.

In the evening I gave Duro a shower. He really loved sticking his head under the tap. I wish I had gotten a photo or video. Next time for sure! I didn't give Violet one as she's a little small and doesn't really come out when I hold her yet. I also fed them before I headed to bed. A odd thing happened when I got into bed. I was reading and randomly had a panic attack. I've been lowering my dosage of antidepressants, so I guess that's why. I was really sleepy and rather than just going to sleep I kept reading. I felt my eyes going together and instead of logically thinking I'm just falling asleep because I'm tired my mind was like 'OH MY GOSH, WHAT IF YOU'RE PASSING OUT BECAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING HELLA WRONG?'  I ended up calling Eva and she got in beside me with Berty and we watched some stuff on YouTube to distract me from it. About an hour later I felt better and Eva went into her own bed.

Eva was off again on Tuesday so we had breakfast together and watched more Drag Race. Then I worked on the post I took the photos for on Monday. I was pretty happy with how the post cage together. If you want to check out my post of self love you can read it here. Other than that I chatted and just chilled the rest of the day. In the evening I sorted the snails and Rue before bed. I also measured Duro and Violet as I want to keep track of their growth.

I'm so looking forward to watching them grow. I can't imagine them being Gary's size but then again, I can't even imagine Violet being Duro's size. After that I had supper and then headed to bed.

Wednesday was the day of visits. It started with Scott, my ventilator technician, at 11am. My vent has been alarming while I'm asleep. It's possible it's a leak but he also said it may be because my breaths are too shallow to trigger the alarm so it thinks I'm disconnected. So he changed the trigger setting. It's alarmed once since but I'm waiting to see if we can catch what the alarm says before I bother him again. I had planned to go back to bed after having some breakfast after Scott left, however I had a call from Kim, the physio, to say she'd gotten my banana transfer board and belt in and wanted to bring it out. The banana board is basically curved board you can put from my wheelchair to my bed and tug me across. She brought it out and showed Eva how to do it, as she was the only one home, and was in and out in two minutes. Finally I was able to go back to bed. I got up just in time for Kevin, my care manager, to visit. He waned to discuss the fact my application for funding for a care package had been rejected and what we do next. He suggested requesting funding for one visit a day for now. I said okay at the time but as soon as I can get a hold of him and going to ask him to postpone. I realised after some thought and talking to my parents that it wasn't worth the disruption for one visit. I'd rather keep the peace for now. Once Kevin left... I got into bed once again. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I just want to stay in bed. I don't often actually sleep. I usually just read my Kindle but this time I did. Had a lovely little snap and got up around 9:30pm to order Indian food. When it arrived Eva and I watched some Drag Race before I headed back to bed.

On Thursday Eva and I watched Good Mythical Morning while we ate our breakfast. Then I mooched around online until I had to get ready for the doctors. My appointment was at 4pm. It was a different doctor than I usually have. I'm not going to lie, he was a bit odd. At one point he closed his eyes while he was talking and I swear, it felt like he'd closed them forever. I mean I'm not one for eye contact but even I thought that was extreme. I went to see home about some skin problems and came away with a prescription for a shampoo, steroid and cream. So hopefully that will take care of it. On the way home I stopped in at the store and bought £12 of food. Mostly sweets. When we got home I munched on them and watched some Drag Race. Around tea time dad brought in McDonalds. Eva went out with her friends and being left to my own devices ended up with some Ebay impulse buys that included sphagnum moss, cuttlefish and... woodlice. Yes, woodlice. I found some mould in my tank forming on the branch and I found that woodlice make good tank cleaners. They eat the mould and snail poop etc. Like I said, it was an impulse by and I'm not sure how well it will turn out but I bought European woodlice so if worst comes to worse I can just release them. Before bed I sorted the pets but first we had a game of WTF is Violet. Can you spot her?

After I found Violet I set about getting them dinner. I decided to try sweet potato and red pepper. Duro wasn't convinced about the sweet potato at first but it seemed it was a winner with Violet.

Friday was a great day! I got up, had breakfast and then I got ready to go to Belfast with Eva on a shopping spree! I was really looking forward to it. We missed our train so we had to wait for the next one.

Eventually we got the train and when we got to Belfast we headed straight for Costa Coffee to get a little shopping fuel. After we headed to Urban Outfitters, Disney Store and then Primark. By the time we were done in just those three stores we were ready to get some food and decided to have dinner at Alley Cat. We had a tea pot cocktail while we waited for our food.

Then our food arrived and to say we ordered a little much was an understatement. We always do that when we're hungry. Probably not too much for regular people but we're only tiny eaters.

The able after we'd finished gave the impression that we'd cleaned the lot but in actual fact the waitress has gotten us to go cartons so we could bring our leftovers home. I was glad because we really didn't want to waste it. We ended up bringing home most of the chilli fries and two hot dogs.

After Alley Cat we made our way back to the train station to catch the train home, carrying our abundance of shopping and thoroughly tired out.

We didn't get in until around 8:30pm and the rest of the evening was spent chilling. 

I was pretty shattered from our trip to Belfast so I got up late on Saturday. I'd missed posting on Thursday so I decided to take photos of what I'd bought in Belfast for a haul post. I had wanted to go to my Granny's but my dad just sprung it on me that he was leaving and I wasn't ready to go. So I just worked on my haul post until I had a call from my aunt Karen asking if I wanted her to pick me up and bring me round to Granny's. She was picking up KFC for tea. Despite still being in my pjs I jumped at the chance. Nobody even batted an eyelid at my clothing. My dad was already there too. We hung out and then eventually left to pick Eva and Mum up before heading home. I finished the haul post, which you can read here if you missed it. After I sorted the pets I headed to bed.


  1. I'm pretty sure I've already told you but incase I haven't you look so beautiful in that photo (the profile photo)!!!!!! Glad to see you are also a drag race fan, if you don't like drag race you have to wonder what sort of person you are?
    Enjoy your weekend lovely! x

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    1. Thank you! I felt good that day. LOL. I totally agree. It's such a good show, for so many reasons. Just watching it has given me such a confidence boost! Hope you're well. xo

  2. Oh wow, I love Duro and Violet! I used to have 3 giant African land snails - we named them after Spongebob Squarepants characters from the episode where Gary leaves Spongebob for Patrick! :D I love Rupaul's Drag Race - I only recently got into it - just finished watching series 6 but I need to get a hold of the others as I've only seen bits and pieces. Love these round-up posts! - Tasha

    1. Thank you! They're such cuties. Haha. Awesome. My sister's 9 year old snail is called Gary. She was 10 or 11 when she named him. 6 six is one of the best seasons. So many great characters. They have it on Netflix UK. Series 1 to 6. :) I'm glad you like these posts. I worry they might be a little too much at times. LOL. xo


I read and welcome all comments and appreciate them greatly even if I may not answer all of them. I love hearing my reader's thoughts and interacting with you. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...