| | | |

Tuesday, 10 November 2015

My Week In Words | #45 2015

"The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom."
Arthur Schopenhauer

Welcome to this super belated edition of My Week In Words. I would love to say it's late because I'e been super busy but that would be a downright lie. I was just procrastinating because I wasn't feeling it. I haven't really been feeling anything. So while I'm feeling like that I'm not going to push myself too much as I don't want to risk making this into a chore. Anyway! This post covers from Sunday 1st to Saturday 7th of November. Gosh, November! Can't believe it. Enjoy!

I got up when my breakfast was ready on Sunday. It was the obligatory Sunday fry up! Once I let my breakfast go down I set about taking down some of the Halloween decorations in my room. The ones I could reach anyway. After that I worked on My Week In Words before cleaning my snail tank and checking for eggs. Aunt Karen was busy so she didn't visit as usual so I decided to pay for the stream of the Belfast Giants away game while I worked on some bracelets for a giveaway I held on the Bloo 'n' Evostick Facebook page. (No longer in use). 

It was a close game and ended up coming down to penalty shots, meaning I was on the edge of my seat. Literally and figuratively. We ended up winning 6 - 7 against the Dundee Stars. Once the game was over I had supper and headed to bed.

On Monday I posted My Week In Words, which you can read here if you missed it. I ate breakfast while watching YouTube videos on my phone then had a shower. To be honest, the rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I spent the day and evening chilling online.

Tuesday was Luca day and I was happy to be up in time to see him before he got collected. We only mind him until 1pm or so and I've been getting up late lately. I also think it's easier for Mum to only deal with one of us at a time.

After a little play time with Luca, I ate breakfast and watched Nashville. I'm not really into season 4 as much as I was with past seasons. I'm not sure why but I'm just not as hooked. Tuesday was another pretty uneventful day. To be honest, most of the week was much the same. I chilled on my laptop, watching YouTube videos and working on the bracelets for the giveaway. I had to start one over as I'd misjudged the size. Later in the evening I worked on Wednesday's post, had supper and headed to bed.

I posted my usual Midweek Misc post on Wednesday then ate breakfast while watching Good Mythical Morning. You can check out the music related post here. Once I finished up my bracelet I continued watching stuff while working on the bracelets. I also made a mini bracelet for my doll that I'll have to photograph at some stage. It's super cute! When Eva came in from work we had dinner together and since Mum had the kitchen table packed with crap we ate in the front room and watched a Tinker Bell film on Sky. Eva's a little bit obsessed with Tinker Bell at the moment. My Granda was taken into hospital on Wednesday so my dad spent a lot of the evening there with him. I ended up having a bit of an early nigh so my dad wouldn't end up helping me to bed after a long day of work and being at the hospital.

Eva was off on Thursday so we had breakfast together while we watched Good Mythical Morning. After breakfast I needed to check something in my Filofax and found horrible black marks on the patent on the front! I was not happy. I soon realised it was dye from the cover of my passport. I wasn't sure what would happen but I tried nail varnish remover on it and thankfully it lightened it quite a bit and didn't melt the patent or anything. That will forever be known as the Filofax Fiasco. A little later on Eva and I both properly cleaned out our snails. Doing a complete soil change and I also finally broke out the new heat mat I'd gotten months ago. I also photographed the bracelets I'd made for the competition. I'm pretty happy with them and I hope the winners like them too.

Eva had gotten the kitchen tidied and the snails away just in time for my parents coming home. My mum had bought Eva and I these lovely poppy bracelets. I've not really worn a poppy much because I'm rarely out and about but I always wear bracelets so I think it was just perfect for me!

My parents brought Eva and I in a Burger King in each and we ate while we watched The Prince Of Egypt. It's one of my favourite animated films and I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. It's one of those movies I could watch repeatedly and never get bored. I can't believe I was only eight when it came out. Once we finished up the movie I had my supper and headed to bed.

I posted my latest Bloo's Review on Friday. It was for a Swiss docudrama I watched the week before. If you missed it you can find it here. Everyone was working so I was on my own again. I'm getting used to it again and my new cushion makes it more bearable as I don't almost slip off my seat during the course of the day. I watched YouTube videos during the morning and basically wasted time like I did the rest of the week. I then made myself a Pot Noodle lunch and started season three of Please Like Me, an Australian series. If you haven't checked it out you totally need to get on that. It's so funny. I was very tired but I resisted going to bed when my Dad came home. I didn't really do much even so until later in the evening I decided to introduce Eva to Please Like Me and we watched the first two episodes and then we watched the first episode of Girl Meets World. She watched it lately and fell in love and I've been watching fan videos for it so figured I should actually give the show a go. I loved the original. I hoped Girl Meets World would hold up and I like it so far. After that I headed to bed.

I got up when my fry up was ready on Saturday, which wasn't as late as usual. I figure maybe Dad's golf was rained off or something. I never asked him. After letting my breakfast go down I had a shower and got ready to head to visit my grandparents.

It had been quite a while since I'd seen my grandparents and I was especially looking forward to seeing my Granda since he was home from the hospital. My aunt Karen and uncle Brian were there too and we had a good catch up. Lots of craic. My Granny got a good laugh at my hair as usual. Never gets old. We also had our tea.

How good does that plate look, am I right? I think going to my grandparent's house was just what I needed as I haven't been feeling great lately. I haven't felt like doing anything, especially anything that involves leaving the house. But seeing my Granny and Granda really lifted me. I was in a great mood when I got home but then my dad took a funny turn and I was worried about him. He went to have a nap and I browsed online while I followed the Belfast Giants away game on Twitter. We lost. Later on my dad got up and felt better, so I was pretty relieved. He does too much. Anyway, I chilled until it was time for supper and then bed.

No comments:

Post a comment

I read and welcome all comments and appreciate them greatly even if I may not answer all of them. I love hearing my reader's thoughts and interacting with you. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...