| | | |

Monday, 7 September 2015

My Week In Words | #36 2015

"If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."
Bob Hope

Welcome to this week's edition of My Week I Words. It was another slightly uneventful week if I'm honest. I haven't been feeling great so I wasn't out much. Still, I hope you enjoy the read. This post covers from Sunday 30th of August to Saturday 5th of September. I cannot believe we're into yet another month. Enjoy!

Sunday was the day of The Color Run. Rather than write about it in My Week In Words I decided to give the experience it's own post. If you missed it you can check it out here. So I guess now that's out of the way I'll begin My Week In Words after the run. My parents were away for the weekend and my mum had assured us that they would be home before us and asked us to lock the house and put the key through the door. We followed her direction and it wasn't until after the run it became apparent that our parents weren't going to be home before us ad we had no way to get into the house. Thankfully my aunt Karen came to the rescue. She agreed to pick us up from our house when we got home and bring us to her house. By this stage I wasn't feeling great. The powder in my lungs was getting to me and I had a migraine. I felt a good bit better after my aunt Karen treated us to McDonald's! I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast. Eva and I chilled at her's for an hour or two until our dad picked us up. I couldn't wait to get home. I didn't stay up long once I got home and I was glad to get on my ventilator by the end of the day. The chalky feeling in my lungs worried me a bit.

By Monday morning I felt a lot better. My lungs felt back to normal, thankfully. I had breakfast with Eva and worked on some blog stuff. I was in quite a bit of pain because of the tail end of that special time of the month. I ended up not posting My Week In Words as I'd planned. I used the bank holiday as an excuse. In the evening I worked on stuff for finally launching our Etsy store, which we did later that evening! I finished off the night tweaking the store, making a banner and such. I then had supper and headed to bed.

Baby had a vet appointment at 8.30am on Tuesday morning. She was being dropped off to have her teeth cleaned and some lumps investigated. I didn't go with her as there was no chance my mum was getting me ready that early. I ended up getting up pretty early anyway. Well, early for me at least. I had breakfast while watching Nashville before finishing off My Week In Words and getting it posted up. If you missed it you can find it here. After I got that done I set about putting together some necklaces for Etsy. I love making jewellery. Eva made the charms and I made the necklaces. Obviously Eva's contribution was the harder part. She's only just started making things out of clay and she's awesome and getting better every day!

After finishing off the necklaces I had launch and watched more of Nashville. Tuesday was the first time I'd ever watched it and I was hooked pretty quick. I'm loving it. You'll probably be able to tell by how much it comes up in the remainder of this post. Around 4pm my mum went to collect Baby from the vet and not too long after that Eva came in from work. Baby was all out of sorts after being put under. We were happy to find out the lumps were nothing but fatty lumps, which labradors are prone to. The vet was happy for us to just keep an eye on them rather than remove them. I didn't really want to put Baby through that. There was some concern about some discolouration on her gums that the vet was worried may be precancerous. That was a big shock but we're trying to be positive and hope nothing ever comes from it. Before we lost the light for the day I set about taking photos of the necklaces for Etsy and then put them up. The rest of the evening I chilled, working on some crochet and watching Nashville.

On Wednesday I posted up the Love/Hate Tag that Danielle of Underland to Wonderland nominated me for. If you haven't checked it out you can find it here. Baby was still very out of sorts from the day before. Whining and crying. My bank took quite a hit, so I assume it was whining and crying too. I paid for Baby's vet bill which cost around £207 and then bought dog and cat food which cost around £70. Lucky I have savings! Most of the day I watched Nashville while I worked on some crochet. I finished the Filofax cover I started a couple of weeks ago. It will feature in a future post, so look out for that. Then I headed to bed.

I ate breakfast while watching Nashville on Thursday and then my mum headed to work. I basically spent the whole time by myself colouring and watching Nashville. Then we had a bit of disaster. Around 3pm it became apparent that Baby needed the toilet. I thought my mum would be home by then but she wasn't and I had no way to let Baby out. Our back doors are sliding patio doors and I'm not strong enough to open them. Baby kept crying at me to let her out and I tried my best to open the door but it wouldn't budge. She got more and more distressed and an hour later she couldn't hold it anymore and went in the kitchen. By this stage I was in tears because I felt so bad. Obviously it wasn't my fault I couldn't open the door but she didn't know that. There are very few times I get upset that I'm disabled and can't do something but that was definitely one of those times. I felt guilty, upset and frustrated. About ten or fifteen minutes later my mum came in. Thankfully she wasn't annoyed and tried to make me feel better. A little while later my dad and Eva came in and we had dinner together. After dinner I chilled and watched more Nashville before taking part in a Twitter chat. I then sorted the snails before bed. I was on Twitter when I seen Tiny Grey Cat's post about the refugee crisis and it gave me an idea. Eva and I agreed that the proceeds from sales from our Etsy store would go to Save The Children's child refugee crisis appeal. It may only be a little money but every little helps.

I posted about my Color Run experience on Friday morning. The rest of Friday was pretty uneventful. Mum left to go to Belfast for lunch, so I was on my own again. I chilled watching Nashville while working on some things my mum had donated for our store to raise money. In the evening the Belfast Giants had their first game of the season. It was an away game, hence me not being there. I had thought about getting the stream but at £8 it was a little more than I can afford right now. I didn't regret it too much since we lost. In the evening I worked on an extra blog post for the week before heading to bed.

I got up late on Saturday. My dad made a fry up after playing golf. After posting the extra post for this week, which you can find here, I chilled for a little, letting my food go down. We had gotten our first Etsy order late on Thursday night and Eva was taking it to be posted, so I set about packaging it up. I hope I did a good job. I got a shower and, with my hair still wet, I headed to my granny's house. It felt like forever since I'd seen my grandparents with my granda being in hospital and then my parents being away. Granny was in good form, if a little confused about certain things. My hair was a great source of amusement. She repeatedly asked my dad why he let me dye my hair blue but at certain points she said she liked it. Though she said she'd have liked it more if it was lighter blue. We decided that she should get her hair purple. After granny's we headed home and I spent the rest of the evening working on some watercolour postcards for Etsy before heading to bed.

Posts Of The Week

Refugee Crisis - Ways to Help by Tiny Grey Cat
Miley's Nipples & Double Standards by The Scarlet State
Surrounded By Felines By Got Meghan's Blog
Supporting Small Businesses and Its Importance by VictoriaJanex

No comments:

Post a comment

I read and welcome all comments and appreciate them greatly even if I may not answer all of them. I love hearing my reader's thoughts and interacting with you. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...