| | | |

Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Friendship Four 2016 | Part 2

This post has been a long time coming, so I apologise. I decided to take an impromptu blog hiatus for a while and while I don't feel 100% ready to get back on the horse, I thought I'd get this blog post up and out of the way. I did have another post I hoped I'd have up before Christmas too but I've picked up a bad case of the cold in the last couple of days so I'm not sure that will be doable but we'll see. If you missed part one of my Friendship Four hockey weekend you can find it here. 

We woke up early on Saturday, while it was still dark outside. It was the earliest I'd been up in a long time. Breakfast started at 7am and we made it down for 7:15am and were the first in the dining room. We hadn't planned to be up that early but we hadn't eaten much the day before so our hunger woke us.

I got my usual breakfast - which was super good - and as usual Eva filled up her plate but was too hungover to really eat much of it at all.

Once we'd finished eating we decided to head into Belfast to do a little bit of shopping. We hadn't been sure if we'd have time but waking up so early meant we had plenty before the first game at 4pm. It was really nice being in the city so early as it meant there was little to no crowds.

After doing a little bit of shopping we stopped into Greggs and sat in while we ate. We also picked up a couple of chicken rolls for when we got back to the room after the game that night. I swear those donuts were the nicest I've ever had. They were toffee over the top and inside there was custard. I wish I had one right now. But I digress, we then headed back to the Premier Inn.

When we got back I got my shower for the evening and had a lie down in bed while Eva had hers in a bid to curb any headache that might have been trying to come on from being out. We had a long evening ahead of us.

Once I had a bit of a rest it was time to get dressed and head to the arena for the first game.

The first game was between St Lawrence and UMass and Sit Lawrence played like a completely different team. You could tell both were determined not to come last in the tournament.

It was the roughest game of college hockey I'd seen so far and I'm happy to say St Lawrence came out on top, so third overall.

After that game finished we headed out of the arena and Eva went for a smoke. As it was a Saturday night it was considerably more packed than the night before and they ended up having to push the game back a bit to have enough time to get everybody in. After Eva's smoke we headed to the bathroom and I changed into my Vermont t-shirt, ready for the final.

I really don't remember much of the final at all if I'm honest but I do remember that Vermont won!

Some time during the last game I drunk bought a Friendship Four jersey. I don't know why I did and I regret it now considering it was the end of the weekend and I don't even wear my Giants' jerseys anymore. Still, at least it's a nice jersey and it's the only keepsake I got with the team's logos. 

After the game finished we went to The Rockies for a drink where I proceeded to spend more money and bought a snapback from the same people I bought our t-shirts from, Hockey Gods Apparel. I have a little bit of an obsession with snapbacks right now.

We didn't stay at the bar too long and were soon on our way back to our room. It had been a long weekend and we were pretty beat after being up from 7am.

We didn't wake up quite as early on Sunday but we still made it down for breakfast in a timely manner. I got exactly the same as I did the first day. Once we ate breakfast we headed to our room to pack up. It was still a little while before my dad was due to pick us up so we chilled and watched tv after making sure everything was packed away. I'm always convinced I'm going to leave something important behind.

It was good to get home and see my pets but it was a little bit of a come down after waiting in anticipation for the weekend for so long. It really lived up to what I had hoped and I think Eva enjoyed it just as much. I look forward to perhaps doing it all over again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Sara! Hope you're doing OK lovely and that your blog break is doing you well, sometimes it's good to step back and enjoy some time away from it. This looks like you had a lovely time, and those donuts do sound good - I'm not usually one for custard but with the toffee it sounds lovely! Looking lovely in your photos too - I love your choker/necklace. - Tasha


I read and welcome all comments and appreciate them greatly even if I may not answer all of them. I love hearing my reader's thoughts and interacting with you. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...